Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Headless Chicken Coming Through!!

What a crazy week... but before you get the blow-by-blow details, I'm showing my lone block progress.

Some of you might remember that I had a hard time deciding what green to use. I ended up going with my original choice and I'm happy with it. I need to get the other 11 blocks put together. Then I need to come up with a lighter green... which I have NO idea what I'll use. Maybe I'll find something workable when I go to Phoenix this weekend. :)

A week ago Tuesday, my husband discovered that the "menu" button doesn't work anymore on the iPod. It's stuck on my playlist. And he hates my music. :P I suggested that he try updating the iPod again, and maybe that would straighten things out? Problem is that he can't find the uploading cord. We were gonna borrow one of his siblings, long enough to update...

But then his computer died. Completely dead. Won't power on one whit. His warranty expires on the 20th of this month to boot. It's a high end gaming computer... let's put it this way, it cost about 4 times as much as I paid for my sewing machine. :P We think it's the power source, and they are supposed to be sending us a new one, but if that doesn't fix the problem, then are we stuck with a dead computer because the warranty expired? Or will we be able to get them to continue to work with us because we reported the problem before the warranty expired? Oh, the suspense...

It all makes me exceedingly nervous for my poor 3+ years old computer. I'm perfectly happy with what it can do, I don't ask for more. I don't do gaming stuff, I'm a simple gal. :) But... don't die on me!

Top of it all... somebody's been trying to break into my bank account. I access it online occationally and somebody's been trying to use my user name and access it. Once they enter the password in wrong three times, it shuts down that user and makes you have to jump through hoops to reestablish a new password. Well, it happened twice in 4 days! The second time was on Saturday the 11th and I gave up - the bank was closed so I was stuck worrying about the account until Monday. I ended up getting a new user name... and thank God, our money wasn't touched... they must have known that my husband had a few extra bucks from his Christmas "bonus" money.

Toss in a few appointments, trying to get ready for the wedding this weekend, get the master shopping list for stocking up at Costco and Trader Joe's, get my car ready for the long drive... I'm sure you get the idea! :P I'm still sewing here and there, but I just feel so behind with my internet life! I have 279 bloglines to catch up on!

Cluck, cluck!

Leah

6 comments:

May Britt said...

Your gratitude block is so nice with the fabric you choose to have outside the patches.
No fun to have somebody trying to steal you money. I got a message some days ago someone was trying to go in to my accout with pay pal. But they stopped it. So I do not know if I dare to shop abroad with pay pal no more.

Have a nice day.

Helen in the UK said...

The block looks great. Hope you get the computer sorted - IMHO once you reported the problem they should work on it until it's sorted even if the warrenty period expires in the meantime. Gook luck :)

Anonymous said...

That just reeks....somebody trying to get into your bank account. You know, it just never ceases to amaze me. But luckily, if they had, their computer address would show up and it's easier to catch. Maybe ask the bank if they could investigate?

I'm liking this block. Very kewl.
I'm like you, I have no intention of using this computer to game on. But "Honeybunny" and the "Boy Scout" do all that stuff. I ask you, why did I buy a gaming system??

Quilts And Pieces said...

I like that green you used a lot! Sorry to hear about all the trials - it always happens for me like that too!

Sweet P said...

I like your block. I've made one block and haven't made any more. You have had a frustrating week. I hope your husband's computer gets fixed. Nothing worse than losing your computer files.

bingo~bonnie said...

hey there, I dont' recall ever seeing a photo of your finished top of this pattern... it is one of my favorites that Judy L has shared with us in her HAD Project. Would love to see your quilt! or what you have made so far. :c) ~Bonnie in SE Texas