Monday, July 30, 2007

I was wrong!

I was actually wrong about the mystery pattern! And I'm perfectly happy with the actual version. :)

Don't the center blocks look like sunsets or something? It's a piece my mom dyed, you can see it in this post, at the top of the very first picture. It can be surprising how much red didn't stick to the final piece. I think I'll use the rest of it for a border.

I have to say, sewing with Kona Black and P&B Dyer's Fabric has been an absolute dream. Not a single pin needed. Essential thread literally slides like butter through these top-notch fabrics. I don't have to worry about distorting the blocks when I iron either. It's good quality fabric. You'd think the way I'm swooning over it I would be advertising for it! :P

And yes, it's actually crossed my mind to get rid of my stash and have only hand dyed fabrics. Hopefully it was only a fleeting thought. ;)

Leah

8 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

That is a sign of a really good mystery - even though you guessed the designer still surprised you! Love the quilt, the fabric is wonderful and it does look like sunsets :)

Sweet P said...

That is stunning quilt. The hand dyed fabrics mixed with the blacks is incredible.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Oh my goodness Leah, this is STUNNING! I'd be very tempted to do handquilting on this one.

Unknown said...

this is beautiful Leah! I love the black and the beautiful hand dyes.

a said...

A very beatiful quilt. The hand dyed fabric adds so much. Love it.

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

You're very welcome, Leah. You're one tough cookie if you have stood p-r for this long! My best, Peni

Kate North said...

P&B is great, isn't it. Hoffman's PFD is nice for dyeing, also - I tend not to use anything else, unless it's for kiddie projects or something. Amazing the difference good quality fabric can make, isn't it. But I wouldn't get rid of your stash just yet...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is very cool!