Monday, January 19, 2009

Ann's NYE 2008

Another quick and easy mystery from Ann Smith. Well, it wasn't much of a mystery to me because I couldn't start on New Year's Eve like most other people. :)

The nice thing about knowing what the mystery is going to look like, you can more confidently select fabrics to compliment the pattern. I'm just so, so, so happy that I didn't need to use one SINGLE pin in the entire quilt top piecing! Oh, how I hate pinning.


Not only did my seams match up beautifully, but my sewing machine gave out lovely tension, no thread or needle problems... don't wake me up from this dream! ;)

Certainly not how I was feeling last March where I finally had to give in and take my sewing machine into the shop. I've noticed the biggest thing in helping me get good tension is doing a full oil clean in the bobbin area every time I go through 2 bobbins of thread.


Do you have any idea how neglected housework gets when you bury yourself into a quilt or two? :P

Leah

4 comments:

Kim said...

looks great! Mine is on DS's bed as I finished it tonight :)
As for irons, I bought a spray bottle and keep distilled water in it and use that instead of steam from the iron and I find my iron lasted 3 years already! Usually only a year 18 months tops.

Moni said...

Ok, this is gorgeous. It could be your signature piece...sunflowers and all.

Nice work!

bingo~bonnie said...

I know all about neglected housework - with 3 kids ages 4 and under, if I get any FREE time, the last thing I want to do is house work :P LOL I haven't seen the bottom of my kitchen sinks in over a year.. dishwasher is always full and sink overflowing...

Love your blocks from the mystery. and your paperwork -do you save your notes? one day future generations may enjoy reading about your planning porcess... ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Gill - That British Woman said...

I do so know how you feel, I have dust bunnies everywhere at the moment!!!

Gill in Canada