Sunday, February 22, 2009

Local Quilt Show

This weekend was my quilt guild's annual quilt show. I slipped by Sunday afternoon to take pictures and greet ladies I knew.

I got roundly scolded for not having a quilt entered in the show - three times over! :)

So I promised I'd show something next year. Have no idea what it might be!

It was feeling a little sparse this year. Not as many vendors, not as many people getting in my way of the camera.

At first I was a little confused, but then I realized that not everybody could just walk in like me because my annual $15 membership covers those kind of things. I know many people are feeling the pinch in their pockets these days.

It was nice to see the quilts, but nothing strongly popped out at me. Well, except for the 9-patch quilt above. I wanna make one.

Maybe it'll be my green and white one hanging in the show next year. ;)

Leah

3 comments:

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

was that last quilt hand quilted?

Nanci said...

I usually gush over the more traditional designs and I'm not a cat lover, but for some reason I'm really taken with that first quilt -- the blue and black cat one. Go figure -- maybe it's just that bright/dark color combination that is so striking.

AmyK said...

I love the jars one! So clever!