Been keeping my sewing machine humming with the Road To Spring Quilt Along. This top practically flew together.
After making the boyish train quilt, I was definitely in the mood for girly. :) But of course I can't give up my favorite color, green, so I mixed the two.
I jumped the gun and started piecing my "blocks" before the directions were released. Then I found out I was doing it wrong... but both ways lead to a finished top.
I just loved not having to match seams! Only needed to pay attention to which direction I was pressing the blocks.
And it grows...
I tried very hard to make sure that every 4 blocks didn't have any repeat of green or pink fabrics. Plenty of shuffling happened towards the end.
The completed top! It should be measuring 50"x72". Once again, a good bed quilt for a child under 10.
I was hoping to make a nice dent in my stash of older greens... ha! Not hardly. :P
I do kinda wish I had a higher fabric turn over in my stash so I could buy newer stuff more often. I don't want to buy something that's STILL going to be in my fabric stash 5 years down the road. Except for hand dyes, I never tire of them. :)