Saturday, March 06, 2010

Quilty Saturday

I started this Carpenter's Wheel towards the end of February, but didn't buck down to make progress until today.

I did modify it some, by making the blocks 5" finished so I would have a 40" quilt. I also put HSTs in the corners, instead of solid squares like the pattern shows.


Once the top was done... why not iron out a piece of backing? Then why not pin the quilt together while waiting for Chris to finish dinner? Hey, it's still early, I bet it won't take too long to quilt up either.

Then before you know it, it's covered with loops and the binding is sewn on too. Works for me! :)


The quilt is for a baby shower next week. I really want to get the binding done before Tuesday so I can wash it. Nothing like a soft cuddly quilt.

Leah

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Those are beautiful colors and the quilt will be a great baby quilt.

PS - You're looking good!

Chrissie said...

really sweet colors! and you did it so fast! what is the trick to quilting swirls like that without getting points and funny squiggles? I'm still working on that! :)

Chrissie said...

really sweet colors! and you did it so fast! what is the trick to quilting swirls like that without getting points and funny squiggles? I'm still working on that! :)