Sunday, January 16, 2011

A good start

A good start to the new year, more sewing time!
Organized fabric, mostly cleared table, cup of tea, sewing away... yup, happy hours. :)


My little helper is never far away though.
He's allowed to make a mess in order for me to get quality needle time. I just make sure he doesn't have any potential access to needles or pins; he's gotta stay away from the cords belonging to the sewing machine and iron.

I'm a little slower at the machine, but it works out well. :)

Leah

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad you are able to get back to your sewing. It looks like Caleb is happy to keep you company.

Toni said...

Yah for organized sewing!! :) And the helper is a perfect accessory!!

Lisa said...

Fun photos, an adorable baby, and I love the quilt you made for your mom! Looks like you have lots of pretty fabrics all neatly organized. My little 17month old helper is good at finding pins but brings them right to me and says "owie!" Keep up the sewing, it's very relaxing when things get crazy.

Chrissie said...

Hey, kiddo! looks fabulous! only I was hoping for more pics after the story I heard of how it all came together! You are so fun! Still working over all the scraps you gave me and am delighted to find whole projects among them! You have a treasure trove of fabrics!I am so blessed! thanks again, my dear! hugs to you and the family! :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Look how big he is getting! What a cutie!

Katie Z. said...

He's getting so big! I remember giving my oldest a bag of scrap squares to chew on so she'd lave the "real" sewing alone!