Friday, May 19, 2006

Today's the big day!

We're signing the lease this afternoon and get to start moving our stuff! My car is full of quilting fabrics at the moment. Don't worry, I only put in stuff that can stand the heat.

This week has also been the last official week of teaching for my husband - zowie, I've logged in many hours of grading!! First it was about 500 articles (that's what it felt like!) that took about 4 or 5 hours. Yesterday it was grading the final - I kept checking off correct answers instead of the wrong ones! But it's all over with now. DH is entering the grades in today and then all that's left is cleaning up for the summer and graduation.

A gal was offering scraps from her stash and I eagerly took her up on it for the cost of postage. She filled 2 flat-rate priority boxes! I can't wait until I can start to play with it - think crumb blocks, string quilts, paperpiecing and good ol' scrap quilts! :)


The only other quilty thing that has been going on for me is sewing together light and dark 2.5" strips. Easy mindless sewing - just what I need this week. I'm dreading taking apart my sewing set up - I hate the idea of being unable to use my machine, but it'll be for my own good! :D

Other news is that my husband's contract got renewed - big relief for us since he isn't under tenure yet. But next year he will be!! Also he'll be celebrating his 27th birthday this Sunday. I'm planning to get him a subscription card to his computer game, some nail clippers and maybe a little something else if I can find it, cuz I sure don't know what it is yet. :)

Now I'm off to shower and get ready to go over to the new complex to sign the lease when my husband gets home. The camera is in the charger, so I'll be sure to take pictures! :)

Leah

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Other people's scraps are always so exciting - you always get stuff you wouldn't have bought yourself and it adds a real zing to projects. Can't wait to see what you create :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh you have so much good news! Your new lease, last week of school for your husband, his contract being renewed and his tenure! WOW! What a wonderful time for you both!