Thursday afternoon I finished the binding on the love quilt. Then I felt an urge to call up my mom and get the details for making the label for my aunt's granddaughter's quilt. (Yeah, I do realize it's my cousin's baby). I got the details I need and an address to mail off the quilt. The baby is due "any day" now.
I spiced up the label a little bit by using one of my 6.5" unfinished sea-themed acrylic blocks. The first time I sewed out the name, the S was just a smidgen too far on the right side, and would get cut off with the seam allowance... rip it, rip it and rip it! At least I didn't have to reprogram my machine's letters to sew it again.
Then when I was doing the Love Nana part... somehow the E didn't make it into the programming... yeah, Lov Nana doesn't have the same ring to it. :P So more ripping. I think in the future I'll "dry stitch" (no thread) all my words, so that way I can get an idea of what I need to fix without having to rip it all out.
I also choosed this sea theme block because if I recall correctly, my aunt's favorite color is purple. Also my aunt lives about an hour or so from the ocean, meanwhile her granddaughter lives in Nevada, so I'm guess she'll someday associate her Nana as somebody who lives near the beach.
Don't worry, I also penned in my name, location and date on a little spot on the quilt. Just didn't want to mar the real label. :)
Here's the completed quilt, just before mailing it off.
And here's the backing, with the label sewn on.
Now I just need to put a label on the love quilt, wash some fabrics I bought for Judy's Leaf Season - no way did I have enough of the brown or even enough to make a scrappy brown alternative block.
And I also want to make Dawn's Canister - I think they'd be great for girly stuff/bath products, etc. As much as I want to continue to live in denial... Christmas is coming up. :P