Uh yeah... haven't been around much, have I? I've been working on a secret project. Well, it's not really a secret... but just in case the gal who's getting the quilt reads my blog... I don't wanna reveal too much. :)
Anyhow, I'm working on a "love quilt" - where a bunch of ladies donate quilt blocks (usually 12.5" or 6.5" unfinished) and somebody puts them together, and usually somebody else quilts it. This time I'm the somebody who's quilting it... and it hasn't been the smoothest ride. :P
Quite a few complications have come up - I was supposed to get the top in June, got it in July, right before my trip to my parents, then I when I got back I was fighting with my hearing aid, on top of it the lady who made the top found a block she forgot, so I need to wait for it to be mailed and patch it to the backing and so on it goes. Well, when I was pinning it I came across another bump, litterally.
Partly my fault, partly a wonky quilt top. So with lots of spreading and tugging and a little easing and "make it fit", I got the top to lay flat enough to sew.
There's a few minor bumps and folds... but that's just beyond my control. Believe me, I'm having a lot more sympathy for long arm quilters now!! I can't even begin to imagine the patience some quilt tops demand of you.
After I finished quilting the top (less than a bobbin and a half), I popped off my stitching plate and dropped my jaw. Yikes!
Makes me wonder why people claim that Aurifil thread is less linty... doesn't look like it in the picture. ;) But I truly enjoy how much fits on a bobbin - I'm changing them out less often. Pros and cons everywhere. :)
I'm near the end of the binding, need to put a label on and I should get it in the mail Friday. Off to do some more binding! :)