Friday, March 02, 2007

Resupplying

Have you put in a new blade in your rotary cutter this year? I started to notice a little dreading of cutting, but thankfully I remembered what happened last time. I put in a new blade before I could even start arguing with myself! ;)

I thought I'd have 4 blades left after I put in my new one, but I found a case with 2 fresh blades left. Whoo! So now I have 6 blades left. Should last me 2 years. :)

And in other news, I'm starting to run low on my variety of aurifil thread.

Really low! :P Nah, it's just this one spool that's almost gone. I've used it for piecing only. But since my old source for aurifil for under $5/spool is closing out, it's time to find a new line of threads.

I'm very strongly considering Essential Threads. I'm pretty sure it's been out on the market for over a year now. Or at least 6 months for sure. I've heard of other quilters buying it... but I haven't heard any reviews! So wanna help me? If you have this thread, please tell me what you think of it. I don't expect it to be as lintless as aurifil, but how does it hold up? Does it break a lot? Can a lot fit on the bobbin? Would you buy it again?

I'm pretty sure I'd buy all the sets, and the restock up on individual spools every 6 months or once a year. It shouldn't be more than $100 to start up and I'll have a nice variety, which really helps when you do all your quilting. :)

And I really hope they don't start to close out any time soon, cuz it's a great deal!

Leah

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ahhh, nothing like a new blade!!!!

Haven't used that Essential thread. I'm still an aurofil girl and stock up at quilt shows or online. But I"ve found I also love the DMC thread. The small spools are smaller than aurofil but they also carry large cones and it also isn't as linty and is strong and is very soft when you quilt - doesn't give that stiff feel. If your interested email me and I'll find the website for you that carries the whole line.

Sweet P said...

I have some Essential Thread and so far I like it.