Monday, April 30, 2007

Beginning the quilting

I got the heart quilt pinned and trimmed for quilting this afternoon.

I almost ran out of pins, but then I remember I used about 100 of them for the sleeve for the antique quilts, back in the quilt show in February. Yup, this is the first quilt I have gotten around to quilting since the show! :P

Action shot of me meandering in the border. I had ran out of bobbin thread, so I'm taking a break. Then I hope to finish meandering the rest of the border before bed.

Yeah, I'm backwards, I did the border first. :D But it's the easiest! And I have never had trouble with my pinning, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

But I feel the urge to hurry up and get it quilted, I need the pins for the Star Struck quilt! :)

Leah

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the quilt is so beautiful Leah! The recipient will be so blessed.
You may have inspired me to try a simple quilt. I would love to make something for my children.
Thanks,
Kathy

Joyce said...

That is an ultra cute quilt. I never dared to quilt teh border first but it definitely is easier . It's probably a good way to get back into it. I'll be watching to see how you do the hearts.

QuiltingFitzy said...

What are your plans for this quilt?

Sure is cute!

Tracey in CT said...

The quilt is looking great. I like the way the light colored hearts are so subtle that you barely notice them until you take a second or third look. And the border fabric is very cute, I think there might be a piece of that lurking in my stash somewhere.

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful! Leah, I am always in awe when you quilt on your sewing machine! I am too scared to do something that big myself!!!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh my - that's gorgeous and you're so quick as well! Lovely.

Quilter Kathy said...

I have never heard of quilting the border first...I feel nervous for you now! Do you think you will get bubbles and tucks on the back? Maybe that's just me!!!

Dannielle said...

That quilt is so, so pretty!

I am so intimidated by machine quilting. The only thing I managed to get brave enough to try it on was a small (30"x30") piece of cheater quilt fabric.

It will definitely be treasured!!

Carol E. said...

This is a beautiful quilt! I love it!

Elaine Adair said...

Soooo pretty!