I'm trying to work on a label. First thing I did was change the thread colors and just had to compare the spools. I've used up a lot more white that I realized. Guess I've been busy at my machine! ;)
And here's the start of the label. Yes, I modified Bonnie's Poem.
Stitching it out has been VERY time consuming. At this point, I'll guess that I've spent 3 hours on it already. Yeah, for that little results. I can see why people buy an embroidery machine! But because of my little time problem, I am cutting out certain parts of the poem.
I was also running into another problem, I didn't quite cut my strip wide enough for the label. It's certainly is long enough though. :)
So I decided I'd give that little knob off the right of my machine a twist. It's blurry, but you can sorta see the top symbol is wide, the left one is normal and the bottom one is tight - I can control the stitching space! :) And that's why the third line is off, because it was going to be bigger I moved it more to the left, until I realized that I could try tightening my stitches. Yay, no more panicking. :)
And that's what I've been doing. It's kinda frustrating, so much work for so little results. I can't floor the pedal or anything, or else my letters start to split. I think you can see what I mean in some of the T's. Also my machine's memory only goes up to 30 characters, so I'm doing half a line at a time. I think I really need to look into printing my own labels on fabric sheets... well, at least for something so big like this.
Tomorrow I have to make an unexpected trip to Tucson. :( I hadn't planned on going until I got back from my parents in May. Oh well, I'll make the best of it, getting a batting for the Star Struck quilt and grabbing some goodies for my husband while I'm gone. :)