Saturday, September 01, 2007

August is Over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah. August was such a slump month for me. Between the heat, school starting again and the hit on our wallets, I wasn't very good at putting my best foot forward.

But it's finally September, and while the bumps in the road were real, I know part of my slump was just because it was August. My bad month, if you will. 4th year in a row. :P

My sewing machine is cleaned up again with same day service - no issues were found, and I didn't think there would be any, it was just making a bad sound. The tension was still beautiful, the needle wasn't hitting anything, I hadn't gone over a pin recently. Must have picked up my bad mood about August. ;)

The good news for September is that my parents are coming over for the first time!! Yes, I've been married for over 3 years and there hasn't been time before for them to come over. But lately they've been MAKING the time for little trips and I'm next! I'm looking forward to showing my mom the sewing room... but it needs a serious overhauling in the 12 days I have left to prepare! eek. :D

Pictures in the next post - camera's still working, just haven't been taking the time to grab it lately. :)

Leah

4 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Glad to hear your sewing machine is ok. Good luck with your sewing room overhaul :)

Andrea said...

Bet you're relieved your machine wasn't sick ! I was without mine for a couple of months last year as it quite literally "died" and I had to wait for the insurance to replace it. I only lasted a week and bought another so now I have a spare ( that I hardly use - lol ).

QuiltingFitzy said...

See? Everything is coming up roses. No need to be glum next August!

Glad you are back, I missed you.

What was the diagnosis on those bumps btw?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how fun that your parents are coming! What fun! Yeah, I think I have to take my machine in too. It has been perfect forever and all of a sudden it just "isnt' right". Maybe it was August!