Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Onward to the next bin

I think the bin plan is working out very well! Maybe it's because I gave myself a mental "clean slate" for my quilts. Never mind all the UFOs or tops hanging around, it's just anything I put in a bin from this point on.


So today I pulled out the Crayon Box bin, and have started to cut the pieces I need. For some reason it's been a little slow going - partly because I'm not having a lot of energy today, partly because I don't want to mess up the rainbow. :P

But the rainbow of fabric will be sliced up, and it will become a pretty quilt top. Hopefully this week. ;)

(At least I'm honest about it not becoming a completed quilt for some time!)

Leah

4 comments:

Moni said...

Who cares when it's completed. It's the thrill of the hunt that's exciting!

Ya know, you are right. The brights are beautiful but it's the rainbow effect that is so stunning.

Darlene said...

I just saw the picture of your hand dyed string quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous. You do wonderful work.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oooh how pretty those fabrics look just laying in a bin! :) Can't wait to see them in a quilt.

Anonymous said...

This is a great color bin. I look forward to seeing what you make with it. I really liked the disappearing 9-patch one!