Monday, December 14, 2009

Tis the season of secrets

I've been quilting! But I've been quilting on Christmas gifts. And since both my family and Chris's family know about my blog, nothing is safe now. ;)

So very spur-of-the-moment (less than 12 hours ago), Chris decided he wanted to do a Christmas tree. This Christmas will mark our 6th one together, and we've never decorated in any way before. The baby changes a lot of our ways of thinking!

Well, there's no Christmas trees to be had. Apparently there was a fire at the place that supplies real trees to this town, so there's a big shortage? My in-laws had to get their living tree from Tucson, a couple weeks later than normal. With that in mind, we decided to go for a fake tree. There's hardly any fake trees left either! We finally found one at Walmart that could work, we'll find out when we set it up tomorrow. :)

The other thing we're sad about is that we could absolutely not find any color Christmas lights for the tree. Well, we found red and purple, but want the multi-set. I'm hoping I can borrow some from my mother-in-law. If not, we'll just have to get out sooner next year and snag some.


The baby is doing well, I've been feeling it move since last week. :) Just 3 or 4 times a day, but I can tell they're getting stronger. I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday, I always look forward to those because I learn a lot and feel much more peaceful about having a baby. Oh yeah... I can't seem to keep my hands off of pomegranates!

I snagged some really big ones from Costco for $1.25 each. I'll remove the seeds (30-45 minutes) and then spend the next hour nibbling them away. Don't be surprised if the baby is born scarlet red. ;)

Mmm... I'm off to have another pomegranate!

Leah

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Leah with my first it was strawberries lol. Don't worry she didn't come out red ;-)

Laurie

tiffibug said...

I totally want a pomegranate now! It's so exciting to feel the baby move!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congrats on the coming birth of your little one. I think it's wonderful that you are having a midwife.

FlowerLady

June said...

I try to check your blog every so often to see how you are coming along. I hope and pray for a happy and healthy baby for you and your husband. Merry Christmas, too!!