Friday, January 01, 2010

Ann's NYE 2009 Mystery

Yesterday Ann had her New Year's Eve mystery. You got a teaser of the fabric back in November.

I'm pretty pleased with how mine turned out. The only thing I would have changed is the yellow for some light pink. No matter, a butterfly border should pull the quilt all together.

I've already started a twin size quilt with train fabric. I figured I better start making some more boy quilts, since my husband's family thinks that's what we're having. I think that since we're already going "against the grain" (midwife, no OB, no ultrasounds, etc) the baby might be everything they DON'T think it is. ;)

Leah

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Now that I see it made up, I like it.

You did a great job!

Jeanne said...

Very pretty, Leah! Happy New Year.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Very pretty! :) I remember when I was preggo with my oldest daughter...I thought for SURE we were having a boy...but so far two girls! ;)

Good luck!

Lynda said...

I love all your homemade Christmas gifts. Those are always my favorite. We have 8 children all grown and gone from home. One year I decided that every month starting in January I would make each of them a Christmas decoration so that by Christmas I would have a box of gifts to give each one. It was a lot of work but so much fun to do for them. It is fun now to go to their homes and see those decorations in use.

Andee said...

Your butterflies turned out very nice! I like it. It was fun quilting "with" you!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Charming!