Friday, January 15, 2010

For the guild

At the last guild meeting, I snagged a baggie with 5" blocks and 6" border fabric, to make into this top.

What I had in mind, and what actually came out are two different things, but you can a semblance of a pattern going on for the most part. At the top, I had to get creative since I didn't have a perfect balance of brown and blue blocks.

Every year, the quilt guild asks that each member participates in at least one charity quilt. You can make your own or you can work with one of the kits they provide. Sometimes the kits are to put together a top, other times it can be a quilt to finish - just take what you're capable of doing.

I figured I should get started on 2010's charity quilt sooner than later, since my hands are going to be very full with the coming baby. :) And I bet the guild would forgive me if I couldn't find the time to get one in for 2011, but I hope that's not needed!

Leah

4 comments:

Molly said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on (most likely) my final blog post.

Congratulations on the new baby--I will definitely check back to hear all about him or her (adding your blog to my list right now).

This quilt is really pretty--very southwest; so nice. Don't you love simple design?

Best,
Molly

KatieQ said...

It's a great idea to get your commitments out of the way before you become a busy mom.
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to checking back and seeing baby pictures.

tirane93 said...

regardless of intentions, that's a cute top!

Quiltsmiles said...

Congratulations on your baby. Your challenge quilt is beautiful and I would vote for it, esp. with that quilting stitch. Nicely done.
Jane