Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Machine humming

I've been keeping my new sewing machine humming almost every day. Just before I received the machine, I started Judy's free Daisy Star pattern.

I took the easy way out and used the same fabric colors as Judy did. There's just some days where you don't want to think about what you're doing, just mindlessly follow along. :)


I'm still not very fast at the new machine. I haven't been able to find out how many stitches per minute it can do, but it feels faster than my 150 QE. No flooring the pedal for me yet.

Still need to add the borders to the quilt - but that means I gotta cut some more fabric. I'm not in the mood to cut, I just wanna sew, sew, sew with the 230 PE. :D


The baby has been behaving when I sew. It's also a rather handy thread catcher. ;)

It saves all the painful kicks for when I'm at the computer... like right now! Some days I just want to swear my belly button is going to split in half from the pressure and kicks. Ow.


Here's my mother's day gift from my mother-in-law.

My midwife and assistant really loved the necklace! There's more versions available, like Mom-Dad-Child; Mom-2 children; goes up to 4 kids I think. The brand is "Loving Family".


And I'm still trying to nudge in the nesting feeling, but no go. At least 99% of the baby stuff is all washed now.

I rigged up a clothesline on our patio. It might just be me, but the dryer seems to take forever with all the little stuff tumbling around. Just easier to haul the baby stuff home after washing and hang dry.

I certainly was fulfilling the stereotype of "barefoot and pregnant" as I hung up the clothes. ;)

Leah

2 comments:

Melzie said...

aww glad you are enjoying your machine! Jacob seems to like being in the sewing room with me, I think he remembers the sound ;) LOVE the necklace, do they have a website I wonder?
xoxo melzie

Tracey Jacobsen said...

that's a beautiful necklace... just coming by to check on you! Any day now... if not already!