Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's the 11th

Today would have been my dog Missy's 13th birthday. I know I need to accept that she's gone, yet a part of me feels like she should still be alive, just cuz the family dog Holly was over 14 when we put her down. :P

I miss her... but not as badly as I used to. Sometimes my eyes still water up when I think about her, but not as often. I know she's becoming more of a memory for me because I'm forgetting the bad parts! :D I find myself thinking about how she followed me all the time; sleeping with me was one of her favorite things; she could always count on me slipping her a bit of human food everyday... And the bad stuff start to fade, like how she couldn't stand to be outdoors by herself; her ability to open the trash drawer and fridge don't cross my mind as much, nor the piles of hair she could produce as the season warmed up.

But the 11th has been a fond day for me. Missy was born March 11, 1994. I met my husband online for the first time on November 11, 1997. We got married on July 11, 2004. So I like the 11th. :) Anyhow, if you wanna read about my (long) tribute to Missy last year...
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Enjoy!

Leah

1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

I still miss my two dogs who we had to put asleep when they both got very sick.

I hate July 11, 2006 because it was the day my mom died. Now when that day is here I will have a good thing to remember with all the sadness, your anniversay.