Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beginnings of Galaxy Quilt

Got the 16-patches done! I can't promise that this is the correct shading... I might have gone a little crazy in Photoshop Elements. ;)

I haven't done too much more progress on the Galaxy quilt at this time. The heat got to me again. And it's pretty bad - I can drink a gallon of water throughout the day and only go to the bathroom once or twice. Normally, my bladder would have exploded several times over. :P

Got several errands accomplished today, including swinging by the hearing aid place. My left hearing aid was constantly creating a vacuum-like suction that was cutting off my ability to hear. I'd wiggle the hearing aid around and it'd return back to normal. I was thinking the tube was too narrow, but turns out there was a pinch in the tube! It was effectively cutting off about half of the tube's workability. No wonder. Glad to have that resolved, as I want to be able to hear when I visit my parents.

Yup, I'll be seeing them later this month! We're driving instead of flying, so I'm taking my sewing machine and a few projects with me. I already bought over 100 yards of fabric, and my mom has bought more dye than I have ever seen in my life! We're gonna have fun. :)

Off to drink some more water!

Leah

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I'm liking the colour combinations.

What on earth are you going to do with all that fabric?

I finally finished a quilt today, but it won't be on my blog until Sunday.........I do a few posts at a time and spread them out over a few days!!!

Vicki W said...

I love these blocks! I want to see all of that 100 yards dyed - you'll have to post updates every day. :)

AmyK said...

I wish you could box some of that heat up and send it here! It's barely warm enough to go outside without a heavy jacket!

Those colors look so neat together, all vibrant and pretty. Love it!

Chrissie said...

Hi, Leah! Can't wait to see you! I'd like to join you in the dyeing process, if I may - can't wait!
Love ya!
Chrissie