Friday, April 17, 2009

Slow Doings

It's been a week of little results, but that's ok. I did manage to get the borders on my Ann's Mystery quilt.

I even managed to cut some backing fabric. Still need to sew the two pieces together.


I've been doing a ton of baking and cooking! Our checking account has been depleted (due to buying a planned-for TV) and we have $6 left in our food budget. If you want something, you gotta make it or do without. :)

My husband was craving sweets, so I made Peanut Butter Finger Cookies from The Roux We Do cookbook. They're supposed to be dipped in chocolate... but I don't have any! Chocolate's not the first "drug" of my choice. ;)


We also have a tentative apartment. There's still some legal paperwork to be taken care of by the previous tenant, but since she moved to Ohio, there's a pretty good chance she's not coming back. :) Hopefully we'll get an official confirmation next week. We won't actually move until May 15th. I wish I could start feeling some panic or something to have motivation to start packing... but it hasn't happened yet! And I'm going to be on my own for half of the move. The last school week is the worst for my husband and he's unable to help me much.


Somebody send me some decluttering magic, please! :P

Leah

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun, fun! Quilting and cookies...how good can it get?!
Sending some declutter dust your way! I'm in Spring clean/declutter mode right now.

Amy W said...

Hi Leah,

I just stopped by to thank you for entering the Great Cakes Soapworks giveaway at Fiddledeedee. You're up against some pretty fierce competition!!! Wishing you all the best - with the giveaway, with finishing your quilt, and your upcoming move. Blessings to you!

Kimberly said...

Nice cookies. I just wanted to let you know that I got the fabric. I love it. Thanks so much.