Monday, April 12, 2010

A little bit of nesting?

Seems like I did a bit of unexpected "nesting" this past week. I'll admit to being extra slow, due to a cold! Yuck. Hard to think about where you want things when you're busy blowing your brains out. ;)


It all started with the crib my mother-in-law graciously bought for us. I was going to put it against the brick wall, between the bed and bookshelves... but I could just see the baby grabbing my hair or pulling down books in the middle of the night.

The bookcases have to go... and the only place is my sewing room.


But before I could rehome the books, I needed to clear out the pile of batting and fabric.

It totally exploded in the living room! Admittedly, the couch makes my fabric pile twice as big as it really is. :)


Once that pile was out of the bedroom, I put the three bookcases in and reshelved the books.

I did take care to put the more read and favored books on the upper shelves, since I knew the fabric would be blocking the lower shelves. Can't deny my husband access to his Dune books. ;)


Then last night Chris "bribed" me to get the fabric and batting back into my sewing room so we could cuddle on the couch and watch the latest James Bond movie.

A little snug, but it's the best I can do. Not to mention I'd rather have the baby pull down a stack of fabric than a stack of books.

Little ones sure make you rethink all your furniture arrangements! :)

Leah

2 comments:

Gamawinkie Renea said...

looks good!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The one thing I did when my son was born - I fastened all my tall bookcases/cabinets/units to the wall. You can get the supplies you need at the hardware store. Sure enough - once he started climbing he was pulling and pulling on those things and I never had to worry about one falling down on him. Cheers! Evelyn